- Generate PDFs in 10s of milliseconds (10-100x faster than several popular solutions);
- Handle jobs asynchronously + in parallel;
- Swap internal components, e.g. Headless Chrome vs. PhantomJS; and
- Integrate easily into modern JS build pipelines (e.g. React, Glimmer, Vue). For example, Ember + Electron projects should consider using
Check it out at http://render-vendor.com.
This first approach benched at ~3s per job, which met requirements but kind of sucked. Users don't like to wait.
On investigation, we found that 90+% of the time was spent waiting for PhantomJS to boot and paint the DOM. Watch the CLI spin:
We engineered. The project we delivered:
- Prints jobs in 50ms or less; and
- Wraps core dependencies with a minimal API that prevents vendor lock-in; by: